Saturday, November 7, 2009

The New Vice President of Dej Jam: ABU "BU" THIAM





Abu "BU" Thiam a.K.a Akon's lil' brother has recently become the new VP of Def Jam.



He is responsible for some of the biggest successes that came through the Konvict Brand. He discovered a lot talented artists like T Pain and all the while stayed behind the scenes while his roster of talent shines.







His Musical Background

For those who didn't know he was a Hype Man for a rapper named Lil' Zane, for Da Razkalz Cru and actually two of the members are now signed to Konvict Records and for Loon who at the time was signed to Bad Boy Records.

Also, he was previously the Co CEO of Konvict Muzik and a A&R at DEF JAM.


Congrats to ABU THIAM, that's a real big step, Senegal Represent.

5 comments:

Amina said...

first of all, quel THIOF!!!! la illah!!!!
Congrats to him!! mashallah!!!!

Soukho said...

Oui c trop bien, il est plus beau que Akon en tout cas.

Anonymous said...

I just located you and filled with joy to learn of your most recent achievement in the music business. I am Randall Georges from Jersy City I use to see you to Lincoln Park were you played little league baseball Ali use to aswell. I Know they call him AKON now but he told me he would always be Ali to me his BFF,We used to be like brothers we went to Dickinson highschool.I've been trying to get in touch with Ali for a long time now.It's possible some of the people I've told to reach him for me could have confused me with some joe shmo with a demo,I'm far from that nothing of the sort.I remember you well i'm sure by now you got to be 6 feet at least.It's trip to me that Ali and I spoke of making it big,Although I haven't heard from him It's always a joy to see him on TV in publications,Please tell him Randall from Dickinson high reached out and is wanting to contact him and has been for a long while.

Radall Georges said...

It's Randall Georges I'm looking to get in contact with Ali Please mention to him I real need to communicate with him.

Randall Georges said...

Please Tell Ali Randall Georges from Dickenson Rams.Is trying to get in contact with him.I need legal help! Im locked up please get me out!